Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Final Countdown

This is it. In less than 7 hours I will be with my cohort: checking luggage weight, saying our goodbyes, realizing all the little (hopefully) things we forgot, and doing our best to stay awake.

I cannot wait to visit UPenn, Columbia, Princeton, and take the class at Cornell. As a rising junior, this opportunity is perfect for my situation. My next year will be a flurry of AP courses, standardized tests, and making important decisions involving colleges. Taking the Freedom and Justice class a full two years before I actually go to college is going to be a huge advantage for knowing what to expect, and hopefully learning more about my career goals. Touring the campuses and meeting admissions officers is yet another benefit involved in the program. Even if I do not fall in love with one of the schools, I will be much more informed about what I am looking for and what I expect in a college. I cannot wait.

I am all packed, and ready to go. Luckily my last weekend in El Cerrito was beautiful, and the fog only rolled in late today. This will be the first time I am away from my family, or home in general for that matter, for this long. Of course I am a little nervous: about my roommate, the class, meeting new people, and all the other possible issues. But I know it will be an amazing experience, and I am really excited.

So finally, here we are. The night before departure has arrived. The countdown is down from days to minutes. And I am ready.


1 comment:

  1. I like the attitude, Eric. I like seeing proactive students who think ahead.

    ReplyDelete