Sunday, June 17, 2012

Time To Fly

With less than 12 hours to go, I'm making sure I have everything ready to go before driving off to El Cerrito High School, where everyone will rendezvous before the flight to Pennsylvania. As I finish packing my bag, however, I can't help but think of the adventures my cohorts and I are about to experience. It seems like only a week ago that Don first came to our school explaining all about the ILC. Although my sister already insisted that I should head out to the East just like her, Don helped persuade me on why I should participate in this program.  The thought of heading out with students and not with parents seemed too good to pass. This experience would be like a preview on how actual college life would feel like.

I have been waiting for so long to go to the East. But now that it is less than a day away, I'm more anxious than anything. Maybe it's because I never went so far away from home with fellow cohorts, or maybe it's the anticipation for this trip has been too long. I've waited and waited, but now, it's suddenly in hand's reach. Well, either way, I'm still very excited to be part of this program representing this school district.

Since the beginning of summer break, I've been wondering what it would be like in New York and Pennsylvania. Of course, when I'm actually at my destination, everything will be so much different than what my imaginations are like. Since all my past presumptions of nearly everything never comes true (just like how I assumed what the Cornell dinner would be like), I've learned to expect the unexpected. Still, I can't help but try to wonder about the trip that all the past ILC alumni say is wonderful.

After publishing this blog, double checking my bag, and finishing the book assignment, Cornell would just be a fly away. That is, a five hour flight. Also, not to mention it would be very early in the morning. Waking up at 2 AM would never feel so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment