Friday, June 22, 2012

A Very Relaxing Day Before Our College Experience Begins

Woah, I can't believe all our college tours are over and right now I'm typing this blog in Ithaca! Today was a pretty relaxing day in comparison to the first few days of our trip. We took "secret agent SUV" to the airport, where we went through security and arrived at our gate well ahead of time only to find out that our plane was delayed. We took this time to eat and hang out for a little while before we all started rereading our books until we got on our flight.

We had a small plane with propellers, and I was told of all kinds of scary stories about these planes. I didn't really believe the stories because if the planes weren't safe, US Airways wouldn't have bought them but, the stories were still in the back of my mind. To be honest, I liked the smaller planes better than the larger ones. Yes, the smaller ones are louder, but it's a lot easier for me to concentrate when I'm on small plane as opposed to a larger plane.

When we arrived in Ithaca, we drove through campus to the Statler Hotel. The campus here is amazing. I love how the campus is huge, and there are is so lush and gorges. The buildings look amazing and the campus is like a series of hiking trails that go on and on.

The hotel is really magnificent. We all have our own rooms and I think the rooms here are nicer than the rooms at the Inn at Penn because the beds are much softer and more comfortable than the beds at the Inn at Penn, which were pretty comfortable.  We took advantage of have a couple of hours to go out and buy some supplies at Collegetown which is the home of Collegetown Bagels that I really want to go to. After we came back to the hotel and had a chance to relax a little bit, we went out to dinner with an admissions officer and four current students at The Heights.
 


The room, part 1

The room, part 2

The view from my room

I sat near two current students, Lauren and Katie. They talked about campus life and about Cornell in general. I found that what they said was informative and it made me look forward to tomorrow even more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment