Saturday, July 14, 2012

Conclusion, And So It Ends

The end of my time at Cornell and our journey home began around 8:30, when I woke up for breakfast. The dorm rooms cannot compare to the luxury and comfort of the Statler. A night there was a fantastic way to end the trip. Breakfast was at Collegetown Bagels where I had a salt bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon. Then the Freedom and Justice Group went with Mr. Chan-Law to the airport to check in our luggage. Then it was time for the graduation ceremony.


Graduation for Cornell Summer College was a much more meaningful event than I had anticipated. The director and all the professors made brief speeches describing the programs and praising the students. Class by class we walked to the front to shake hands (or hug) our professor and TAs then received a certificate making us official Summer College alumni. After there was time to take photos with students and staff. Unfortunately my TA left before I got the chance to get to him and ask for a photo.



After the ceremony, we picked up our sandwich lunches from Collegetown Bagels and drove to the airport. Saying our final (at least until college) goodbyes to Cornell. After a brief wait we boarded the tiny plane which would take us to Philadelphia. We spent 2 hours in Philadelphia mainly charging our accessories and eating. All the guys ordered the exact same thing, ginger ale and Phily Cheesesteaks, talk about a good group! Soon enough it was time for the main event, our flight home.



The flight, for some reason, felt very long. It ended up being a collection of short naps, blogging,  reading, and listening to music. The rest of the night went very fast. We got our luggage, I said my farewells, and headed home. At home I had pizza and cake with my parents, then my best friend came over to hang out.


I am really going to miss everything about this trip, not only Cornell, but the people I met, the experience of living individually, and probably most of all the Cornell Cohort. We were such a compatible group, and always seemed to get along. We did not have a single issue or argument. On top of the good group dynamic, Mr. Chan-Law was a great chaperone. He kept everything very organized, and never got stressed out or impatient, which I think made the whole group feel better. I could not ask for a better group to have accompanied me on this journey of growth and discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment