Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ahead of the Game

Every morning, I seem to do the same thing. At 6:45, my roommate wakes up and I go back to sleep. At 7:15, I wake up and my roommate heads out for breakfast. I wash up and always receive the reassuring text that Eric is headed to the dining hall. At 7:45, I head up to breakfast; then minutes later, Alex arrives. At 8:30, we go to class. You can pretty much count that this will be my daily routine.

During our lecture, Professor Kramnick went over our readings and compared the explanations of Christianity by Saint Augustine versus Thomas Aquinas. It was interesting seeing their opposing viewpoints: Saint Augustine who thinks men are naturally evil, and Thomas Aquinas who thinks men are naturally rational. Later, we broke into our discussion group where we discussed the two in further detail. Once lunch had come and gone, we went had to our group for a writing workshop where we revised the essays we wrote on the first day. Everyday, it seems that the class gets more and more engaging and interesting.

Since Eric, Alex, and I had finished reading Plato's Republic prior to the start of the program, we went to the library just to discuss the main themes of our reading. It's great that we got the books early since I now get to enjoy this scarce free-time.

At 4:30, we checked-up with Mr. Chan-Law who told us (the F&J group) that we will be going to tour Colgate University next Friday and visit Cooperstown the following day. After going over the same logistics with the Hotelies that got out of class late, we headed to The Cornell Store to purchase our Cornell Hoodies. Mr. Chan-Law, Eric Wilson, and I chose the same jersey. We all, except Rachel, got UnderArmour hoodies, which I found quite comical. After we purchased them we had to go to dinner while Mr. Chan-Law returned back to the Statler Hotel (so jealous). 

Now I get to relax and enjoy the rest of my day. It seems like I've been here for a while, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment