Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Halfway Point

Our midterm has finally arrived! Ironically given on Independence Day in a class about Freedom & Justice. After studying for extraneous periods of time yesterday, I felt fairly confident that I knew the concepts of all the writers we had covered. We got to class and Professor Kramnick told us the logistics of the test. If you have ever taken an AP Literature test, it's basically like the free response question. All you need to do is take a position (no matter how unorthodox it may be) and back it up with evidence. The second part was short answers in which we had to identify who wrote a certain quotation or concept.  The test was not as difficult as I had imagined. yet I wasted a lot of time thinking about how to start my introduction paragraph. Once we were done with the test, we convened class as normal, but with every pushed back an hour. Professor Kramnick lectured about the beginnings of feminism through Wollstonecraft, de Gouge, and Mill, while our group session focused on feminism/sexism in the modern society. 

After class, Eric Wilson, Alex, and I headed out to Buttermilk Falls with Mr. Chan-Law since we weren't able to last Saturday. We ended up diverging off the path a little and ended up at Robert H. Treman State Park. To our surprise, there were a lot of people there, especially in the swimming area. The three of us decided to go in the water which turned out to be extremely cold. To make matters worse, while I was getting into the lake, I banged my foot against a rock which eventually turned into a huge bruise, so it actually hurts when I walk now.

When we came back from the park, I hung out with my friends in the Donlon Lounge which seems to be the only air conditioned room, actually, it's so air conditioned that you could probably wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants and still be cold. 

It is unbelievable that we are now passing the halfway mark of this experience. So far, these past one and a half weeks have been beyond the description of words. If I could, I would stay here forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment