Monday, July 9, 2012

Shooting Some Hoops

I woke up at 6:50 AM extremely tired. I didn't want to go to school because I was used to the three days of relaxation. Dragging myself up, I walked down to the dining hall before heading to class.

In class, we had two guest speakers. The first one, Barbara Lang, came in before lunch and discussed the five etiquette factors. It was a great presentation because she was one of the most interacting speakers I've met. I loved her stories: the one about her sweaty adventure to an interview, and the one about giving cookies to distress herself before surgery.

We had another guest speaker after lunch. She was discussing the application process so everyone was paying attention. It was very informative, as she provided the expectations Cornell looks for in applications. We finished early, so we were able to leave at 3:00 PM instead of 3:30 PM. We got brochures, information packets, and the admissions officers were nice enough to give us a free water bottle.

After class, Eric and I met up with the other ILCers and went to play basketball with some of our Chinese friends at 5 PM. This was the first time I actually exercised in Cornell, and I was drenched in sweat. We played a 4 vs. 3 against them because we weren't as good as them...but we still lost. It was a good game, but Eric and I had to go to office hours later. We took a shower so we won't have to feel so bad, and we finished our day with our two hour office session.

No comments:

Post a Comment