Thursday, July 5, 2012

Busy, Busy Day

I have big report due tomorrow, so I'm going to keep this post short. Today in class there was two thugs that we covered that was interesting to me. The  pivot tables on Excel is really interesting. The pivot table allows to me organize data and then copy these posts to Word without the information looking distorted. Originally, I thought he pivot table would be very complicated and difficult but after Mark walked us through making one, I was like 'Wow, that's not hard at all.'

The one aspect I rally like about this class is that we get to learn computer skills that can be applied even outside of the hotel world. Before this class I just ignored all the different features on Microsoft Office programs because I didn't know what they did. Now, I'm like I'm not going to hit the space bar forever to get the date on the right side of the page, I'm going to set a right tab to the right side of the paper and hit tab once to get to where I want to go.

Tonight I'm going to have to use the skills I've learned in this class to get my business report done.

No comments:

Post a Comment