Thursday, July 12, 2012

Report! What is your status? Part 2

The class had only one goal today - work on our final reports! From 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM, 12:45 PM to 5:30 PM, and 7:00 PM to 9:15 PM, my group worked hard to complete our report. The computer lab was open and stocked with TAs for almost the entire day, and most of us took advantage of that. It was a really long day, but it was worth it. Many groups, including mine, were able to completely finish.

The only other task we completed today in class was watching a video and having a small lecture on work-environment personalities. The video had demonstrations of the different personalities, and it was really funny (a nice break from the stressful report); everyone laughed when they saw their personalities being impersonated. On the second day of class, we all had to take a personality test, and were placed in groups based on the results. Mark's and Reneta's hopes were that we would learn to work with different types of people successfully. Tonight I saw several groups fighting, so I'm not sure how effective that was. We also found out that Mark had a little experiment of his own - he put three people with "pure" forms (persuader-persuader, stabilizer-stabilizer, and analyzer-analyzer) of their personalities in a group together; he couldn't find a controller-controller, so he picked an analyzer-controller instead as the fourth member. The group how no comment on how well they worked together. My group is fairly balanced, and we work well together (although we don't always get along).

Unfortunately, there is nothing else to talk about for today. I am also running on about three hours of sleep; since my group is finished, though, I can at least go to bed early. Tomorrow is printing day, as well as our final class day. I don't like business anymore, and it was a hard class for me, but in some ways (like the good exercise I get from walking up hills to class everyday, and the amazing views), I will miss being here. I won't miss dorm life though; I like my having my own shower and sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment